How We Are Proactively Keeping Your Children & Our Staff Safe!
I am excited to kick off our new year starting September 1st! As we welcome new children to our Center, I want to assure families that our Childcare Center will continue with the same sanitation procedures that we have had in place all year as are mandated by DHHS. In addition to these regular health and sanitation practices, St. Mark Lutheran Church and its Childcare have increased both the frequency and intensity of everyday cleaning and sanitation efforts. Here are just a few of the regular and additional steps we are taking to ensure you and your child’s safety and wellness:
- Each classroom is sanitized at least once a day with Clorox products. If the room is used in the afternoon it is sanitized again before the next class.
- Toys are washed daily in our industrial dishwasher that uses both detergent and sanitizing solution or using our 3-tub sink, then left to air-dry.
- Tables in our cafeteria are cleaned with a bleach and water solution several times a day, before and after snack and lunch.
- Children wash their hands with soap and water, at arrival before and after snack, lunch, and several times throughout the day.
- All walls and touchable surfaces, handles, countertops, doorknobs, etc., are cleaned with a 50/50 bleach and water solution throughout the day.
- Bathrooms and drinking fountains are given extra scrutiny and regular cleaning attention.
- Before starting our Summer Program May 26th all our rooms, toys, and manipulatives will be cleaned and sanitized in preparation for our Summer Program.
- Myself, Pastor Jay, and all church and preschool/childcare staff remain well-informed of all developments, information and announcements concerning COVID-19, and diligent in our observation of all children and people present on our campus.
To keep our children healthy, we need your help. If your child does not feel well in any way or is showing symptoms such as fever, cough, runny nose, etc., please keep them home.
Of course, the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 are ever-changing, and we will keep you informed regularly of any developments or changes to our plans throughout the summer as we seek to continue serving you to the best of our ability, with all prudence, faith and love.
I would love to schedule a tour to answer any questions you may have, and to meet your family!
Julie Kyriss • firstname.lastname@example.org