Preschool & Childcare Professionals Wanted
St. Mark Lutheran Church of Omaha has served the Omaha families of our local community with excellence in Preschool ministry for over 30 years. Having expanded our preschool by nearly 25% in 2019, we are now opening a brand new Childcare Center, and are seeking experienced childcare professionals.
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedule
- Outstanding facilities
- Supportive staff and congregation
- Diligent in our ministering to children with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
To be considered for hire, applicants must meet or exceed the required regulations of the State of Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services as either a Certified or Non-Certified Teacher/Worker.
- 3-006.05A Certificated Teachers: An individual who holds a valid Nebraska Teaching Certificate and who is employed as a staff member or used as a volunteer at a licensed child care center that is on the premises of an accredited or approved school will be considered to have met the qualifications, background checks, health information, and training requirements in these regulations.
- 3-006.05B Non-Certificated Teachers: To be employed as a teacher in a licensed child care center, an individual who is not a certificated teacher must be at least 18 of age and of good moral character, and must meet one of the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, education or child/youth development;
- Hold an associate degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood education, education or child/youth development;
- Have a Child Development Associate Credential; or
- Have a high school diploma or GED; and
- 1500 verified clock hours of experience in organized group activities for young children as indicated by a positive reference from a former employer or supervisor; or
- Submit a written plan for Department approval to acquire at least three credit hours or 45 clock hours of training in administration, early childhood education, education, or child/youth development, in a period not to exceed six months. The licensee must maintain a copy of the written plan and Department approval for Department review.
Foundational Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a careful and creative program suitable for preschool children by using the State of Nebraska Early Childhood Guidelines and One in Christ curriculum
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, media etc.) to teach children
- Observe each child to help them improve their social competencies and build self-esteem
- Encourage children to interact with each other and resolve occasional arguments
- Guide children to develop their artistic and practical capabilities through a carefully constructed curriculum (identify shapes, numbers or colors, do crafts etc.)
- Organize snacks and lunch time and supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times
- Track children’s progress and report to parents
- Supervise children during gross motor play in the gym or on the playground
- Communicate with parents regularly to understand the children’s background and psyche
- Collaborate with other educators
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards
Qualified and interested candidates should contact Center Director directly.
Director – Julie Kyriss: email@example.com • 402-913-2255